Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Moon

I don't even know where to begin for this review as I was so extremely disappointed by New Moon, the latest Twilight chapter. I saw the first episode of the Saga recently because everywhere I turned there was an article or pictures of Robert Pattinson and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I enjoyed it, thought it was original and saw how it could appeal to a younger generation. I wasn't hooked and didn't necessarily feel the "twilight mania" but nevertheless wanted to see what would happen next and decided to watch the second installment. I even had some slight anticipation, and Fabio had lots (but shhhh that's a secret).

What an enormous letdown for both of us. Instead of building off of some of the tension and interesting elements of the first film, the sequel's plot is quasi non existent and the acting has managed to get worse. You hardly see Edward (Robert Pattinson), Bella's vampire love, as he leaves her early on in the film. He decides it is best for Bella if he and his family move out of Forks to spare her the danger of their presence. Bella is heartbroken and goes through a major teenage lovesick depression. The film then focuses on her childhood Indian friend Jacob Black in whom she tries to find comfort while still longing for Edward. But without wanting to give too much away, Jacob has some pretty bizarre secrets of his own...

The special effects are decent, the wolves quite cool, but the action sequences seem fake, there are no explanations for anything, no character development. The movie jumps from one scene to the next, particularly at the end, and I don't have other words and will not sugarcoat it- this movie is stupid. I was hoping to feel some love and passion between Bella and Edward and the result was zero.

This movie is a big, huge flop. Let's hope the next one is better and that people will still want to see it after this vampire and wolf wreck.

My rating: 2/10
Fabio's: 2/10
Total score: 4/20

2 comments:

  1. The only scary scenes are when Kristen Stewart tries to play Bella! Frankly : The dumbest vampire movie ever…Probably in the Guinness Book of World Records.
    I gave a 2 instead of a 1 only because I laughed during 1 hour (I slept the last 30 minutes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. je reconnais qu'il y a quelques scenes ridicules et que la musique (faite par un francais) est une catastrophe, mais ce film est fait clairement pour les gens qui ont lu les bouquins qui eux meme sont 1000 fois mieux que les films. je vous conseil de lire les livres vous verrez les films d'un tout autre oeil, et en plus les bouquins sont vraiement extra!

    ReplyDelete